Ranked by Tennis Resorts Online and Tennis Magazine as a Top 50 Tennis Destination, the tennis program at Carmel Valley Ranch is unparalleled on the Monterey Peninsula. Head tennis instructors Chris Myrold and Jon Kooy bring years of experience teaching at clubs and resorts nationally and abroad. Additionally, Carmel Valley Ranch partners with Peter Burwash International, who has provided quality tennis instruction and tennis management services for many of the world's best resorts, hotels and clubs and has taught over 3 million students. We feature 6 hard courts and 2 Har-Tru clay courts. Couple this with over 300 days of sunshine in Carmel Valley and you are ready to play at one of the best tennis resorts in California!
Tennis at Carmel Valley Ranch
At Carmel Valley Ranch, we have 6 hard courts and 2 Har-Tru clay courts available for play and instruction.
Since 1975, PBI has provided quality tennis instruction and tennis management services for many of the world's best resorts, hotels and clubs. Using simplicity checkpoints and fundamentals that provide individualized instruction, PBI has taught over 3 million students, from beginners to professionals.
- Monday: Baseline Game, 9:30am – 10:30am | 3+ the PBI Pro, 10:30am-12:00pm
- Tuesday: Net Game, 10:30am – 11:30am
- Wednesday: Ball Machine Drill & Video, 10:30am – 12:00p
- Thursday: Sgls/Dbls Strategy, 9:00am – 10:30am | Doubles Mixer, 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Friday: Mid-Court Game, 9:00am – 10:00am | 3+ the Pro, 10:00am – 11:30am
- Saturday: Serve & Return Game, 9:00am – 10:00am | Cardio Tennis, 10:00am – 11:00am
- Sunday: Mixed LiveBall 3.0+, 10:00am – 11:00am | Doubles Mixer, 11:00am – 1:00pm
$35/hour for Non-Resort Guests
Adult $80/hour $10/each additional person
Junior $60/hour $10/each additional person
Theme Clinics/Drills: $25/hour $40/1.5 hour
Cardio Tennis: $25/hour
Ball Machine Rental: $35/hour
Racquet Rental: Complimentary
Wilson Tennis Balls: $4.50 + tax
Raquet Re-stringing: $20 plus string
**Proper Tennis/Sport Attire required when playing tennis
Sign your Junior Tennis Player up for one of our sessions this spring.
SPRING 2018 SESSIONS
SUMMER 2018 SESSIONS
Apr: 2-5, 9-12, 16-19, 23-26, 30-May 3
June: 19-21, 26-28
- Three age-groups available: PEEWEES(5-6), FUTURE STARS (7-9), and TOURNAMENT PREP (10 & up)
- Personalized instruction with a minimum of 3 students per group.
- Customize your own group, day and time, if necessary.
- Private lessons are encouraged for an added benefit for the students.
Join us for a 3-day immersion of play and improve your game!
Treat yourself to a Peter Burwash International three-day camp on the hard and clay courts of the Ranch. The camps include over 6.5 hours of instruction as well as social components including a welcome dinner and two Doubles Mixers. You'll also have the luxury of free time to enjoy the resort's Spa Aiyana or a multitude of signature activities, from horseback riding and beekeeping to hiking and garden tours.
2018 WORLD CAMP DATES
2018 TENNIS FOR LIFE DATES
March 23 – 25 -- cancelled
July 13 - 15
Because we're on the sunny side of the Monterey Peninsula, outdoor activities around resort can be enjoyed year-round. Let us provide a wonderful tennis experience for members of your group. We have a wide variety of programs to choose from and if you want to try something different we will create a special event for your group. Allow us to serve you up an ace!